Can you rent a power wheelchair or scooter and then buy it?:QuickMedicareSupplement.com

  Here are some information that could be useful for medicare insurance shopping

Can you rent a power wheelchair or scooter and then buy it?

Can you rent a power wheelchair or scooter and then buy it?

You may make your mind up to buy the power wheelchair or scooter that you’ve rented. Medicare requires the supplier to supply you with a “purchase option” letter in the 10th rental month (after you’ve rented the power wheelchair or scooter for nine continuous months). You must respond to the purchase option letter within 30 days and specify whether you would like to buy or continue renting the equipment. If you select to buy the power wheelchair or scooter, Medicare will make a total of 3 additional rental payments. You then own the power wheelchair or scooter.

If you opt to continue to rent the power wheelchair or scooter or don’t respond to the purchase option letter, Medicare will make a total of 15 rental payments. After 15 rental payments, you can use the equipment free of charge; however, you will be charged maintenance and servicing fee once each six months, whether service is provided or not. Medicare will pay 80 percent of this fee (up to the amount of the rental payment for the first month of the equipment’s use). You pay the other 20 percent. If the supplier does not accept assignment, your costs may be higher. Even though the supplier still owns the equipment, you can keep it at no charge except maintenance fees as long as it is medically required.

self employed health insurance quote Click for a FREE Insurance Quotes